Sunday 13 September 2015

Book Tag: Unpopular Opinions

Alright guys, let's get into it. This may get a little long, so I'm putting it under a cut. Happy reading guys!

Disclaimer: The opinions below the cut are just that - opinions. Please don't be offended by them - this is after all, an Unpopular Opinion book tag.





The Unpopular Opinions Book Tag


A popular book or series you didn't like:


There were more, but these were my main pick.
Delirium & Matched & The Selection: The plot and the writing just were not my cup of tea at all. The main characters were annoying, the writing was kind of bad, and often on top of that they were stupid to-boot. I will probably never touch the sequels.

The Fault in Our Stars: The book wasn't bad, it just wasn't good. Perhaps if I would have read it before knowing all the hype, I'd feel differently about it. But I really did not feel anything for the main characters, even when *spoilers* Augustus died. It just didn't happen.

Shatter Me: Honestly? I just didn't the writing style. It was clunky and random and I couldn't get into it, even though I really wanted to. Maybe I'll give it another try someday.

Tiger's Curse: The writing was AWFUL. Plain and simple. I barely made it past the first few chapters. I know it's a fantasy, but man, some things are just too unrealistic.


A book or series you loved but everybody else didn't:

Okay, hear me out. Loved is a very strong word. More like, I liked the book. Granted, I have only read half of it so far, but it's really not that bad. That being said though, unless the end of the book is amazing I probably won't read the rest of the series.


A love triangle or OTP you weren't happy with:

The Hunger Games: I wasn't really happy with Peeta and Katniss. Not that I preferred Gale either. I just wasn't satisfied.

Since You've Been Gone: Frank and Emily were alright, I guess. But really? Emily/Sloane forever in my opinion.


A popular genre you hardly reach for:
High Fantasy and Historicals. Honestly, they have to be really well done for me to enjoy it. There are so many books I wish I could get into, but the genre stops me.


A popular character you don't like:

Divergent: All of the characters. But mainly Tris.


A popular author you cannot seem to get in to:

John Green & Gayle Forman: I just can't. I've tried, and I can't.


A popular trope that you are tired of seeing:
Love triangles. All of them. No exceptions.


A popular series you have no interest in reading:


Mara Dyer: I've read the first one, but have absolutely no interest in the rest of the series. None.


The books are not always better than the movies:

I present to you: three mediocre books that were developed into absolutely outstanding TV shows or movies.

That's all for today guys. Hope you enjoyed reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment